(this will answer why the blog is titled "Becoming Whole")
I was at a worship service Friday night at Grace Fellowship Church for United Revolution & while singing the song "You Won't Relent" God spoke to me about something ... the 'chorus' goes like this:
"You won't relent until you have it all...
my heart is Yours"
God has this deep desire for us to give Him everything - for our lives to be nothing but Christ and for the cross to be the center of our existence - as Pastor said today, for us to LIVE by grace... I was thinking about the whole 'everything' concept & I realized that it doesn't mean give Him a large part of our lives but hold onto some things because they "don't affect anything" God wants every ounce of us ... every desire, every piece of our heart (even the pieces we're scared to admit exist) & everything else...
My question to myself before I started this blog was this:
When every outer layer of me (every smile, every tear, every good deed, every kind word, whatever anyone can see) ... when all of it is taken off & I'm left exposed & vulnerable - WHAT IS LEFT??? Is it just the cross? Is it Jesus holding onto me? Or do I have bitterness, anger, depression, pain, sin, or ANYTHING else clinging to me as well? What am I holding onto or what am I letting have a hold on me?
I decided that my goal is to have NOTHING clinging to me except the love of God - NOTHING fueling me except that desire to love God passionately & give Him my all ...
so the goal of the journey is WHOLENESS ...
just ONE thing as the center of my life ...
[JESUS]
(--Monica)
[Mark 12:29&30 -
Jesus replied, "the most important commandment is this: 'Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.' ... ]
No comments:
Post a Comment